The all new Hope Technology Tech 4 brakes highlight increased power, ergonomics and design, with either Black or Silver based Lever Bodies and Calipers, with six color options of accents (Reservoir Cap, Bore Caps, and Adjustment Screws - optional rotors) - See Ordering Information at the bottom, which details this specific listing, and to ensure you select the proper brakeset.
LEAD TIME ALERT! Our best GUESS is that these brakes will have a 6-8 week wait. DO NOT order unless you can wait. Also, we do not get advance notice of when they will ship so if you are asking for a status before that time frame, we will not have any new information. All of our orders get fulfilled, and tracking will be provided once the brakes ship. We have been a Hope dealer for almost 20 years. Contact us with any questions prior to ordering as we want to ensure all of your concerns are addressed.
- The Tech 4 Brakes have increased power versus the Tech 3.
- The lever shape was updated to provide a more ergonomic shape orientated to provide the best mechanical advantage during braking.
- A hinged clamp reduces weight and ergonomics.
- The shifter integration was improved for more adjustability.
- There is a tool free bite point and reach adjustments.
- The caliper is one piece and is Rigid CNC'd.
- The Tech 4 brakeset is compatible with a wider range of current shifter options.
- There is a 30% pressure increase as compared with the Tech 3 brake.
- The hydraulic ratio is improved by using a small diameter master cylinder bore.
- The mechanical ratio was increased for the best balance of increased power and modulation, resulting in usable lever feel throughout the full range of reach and bite point adjustment. It has been fine-tuned using real riding data to provide its best efficiency at lever forces typically used during riding.
- A linear relationship exists between brake pressure and lever force, making it easy and intuitive to control the braking power.
- There is a hinged clamp design to reduce weight and reservoir area increased to lower overall stack height. The shifter integration has been improved and now offers 30° of angle adjustment as well as neater packaging and compatibility with the latest shifters. Lateral adjustment on both sides of the master cylinder is also possible to give a wide range of lever position options.
- The hybrid style pistons consist of a stainless-steel piston shell, which allows smoother movement, requiring less maintenance, with a phenolic insert to manage heat transfer during extreme use.
- The Tech 4 retains the tool free bite point and reach adjustments from the Tech 3.
- All Tech 4 brakes are supplied with new racing compound pads. They are designed to offer impressive performance straight out of the box with little bedding in required, they are also more resistant to fade than standard organic pads.
- ORDERING INFORMATION:
- This listing is for the Black Lever and Caliper Body with six different colored accent options. The components that will be accented are the Reservoir Caps, Bore Caps, and Adjustment Screws - ie., the color you are choosing is for the accents - the Lever Body and Caliper Body will be black.
- See other listings for Silver Lever and Caliper Bodies with accents.
- Uses post mount, 9.74 caliper with mounts/adapters ** to suit all mount options * - all optional front/rear adapter combinations are offered.
- These brakes are pre-bled, ready to bolt on to your fork/frame, and come with braided hose - see other listings for the non-braided hose option.
- If you select the rotor option, the brakes will come with two 160 mm floating rotors in the same color as the accent unless a separate note is provided in checkout detailing the particular rotor color you desire. There is no extra charge for changing the rotor color.
- See other listings for different rotor combinations, or for a full set of Tech 4 E4 brakes with no rotors/no adapters.
* If you have a Post Front/Post Rear, the calipers will mount directly without the need for adapters when using 160mm rotors. In this case, choose "NO Mounts"
** How to identify if you have a Post or Intl Std adapter (IS) on either fork OR frame: measure the center to center distance of the mounting holes - if 3" (74 MM) it is a Post (PM); if 2" (51 MM) it is an Intl Standard (IS).